Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ode to YER MOM and M8KNOYS

The unthinkable (I always thought anyway) has happened. For 8 years (this past May), she was by my side, my losses, my wins, my journeys and kept me good company, my troubles and things I don't even remember. That's right, the car most recently known as yer mom.

I always thought and boastfully shared "I'll be buried in that bitch." In case you…yeah you, still have no idea what I'm talking about…I'm speaking of my 1995 Jeep Wrangler. She's gone.

Here's apparently what a picture of my soul looks like these days.




After the new owner, who seems of nice sorts along with his pregnant wife, drove away, I ran inside and had a meltdown. The kind a kid has when they don't get the toy they yearned for in the happy meal. As it continued uncontrollably my inner monologue was ripping me a new asshole and taunting me ridiculously saying "are you fucking kidding me you retarded loser, it's a goddamn car. Pull it together for crying out loud." Although I was mourning I also was realizing that I was embarrassed and I live alone. I'm glad I could share that with you. My real top 2 embarrassing moments involve a toilet in a Richmond, VA salon and the other a Summer college class at NOVA and busting ass. Now, back to the buyers…you're probably thinking what I am….Wrangler…perfect baby car.

Many of you have had the pleasure whether she was M8KNOYS in VA, the standard in CA or the YER MOM of TX. From Maine to Tennessee and CA to TX, from Tim Burgess of The Charlatans UK to "clipping" the ambulance on the Sunset Strip after the Xmas party…Jada(her real name)/M8KNOYS/YER MOM served me well and never left me stranded. Only once, shortly after I got her, I lost her after the Kiss concert but it wasn't her fault. I found her and fucked off through some ditches to avoid waiting in traffic out of Nissan Pavilion. Not the best way to avoid attention of Virginia's finest ham but, thanks to a few thousand other cars we were on our way to 7-Eleven for the traditional post concert hotdog, Super Big Gulp and slim jim.

I felt a few words were necessary as she was part of you all too. Let's raise a glass…Tullamore Dew for me please. Cheers, mama love you boo!



Please imagine the following is a slide show and during the montage a medly of "Time of My Life" by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes from the Dirty Dancing Soundtrack and "I Will Always Love You," not the crackhead version by Whitney, but the original by Dolly Parton is playing. Sigh.....Please feel free to share any stories...sigh

Keeping it real


Never took my VA stickers off...rocked the expired '02 Loudoun seal. Roots.




Hollywood...street parking sucks








Fun fact...I got a flat and that's the spare on the back left...yes the spare that has the nail in it from Vegas...2 years ago. I'm very responsible.



No comments: